[Qgis-user] edit point coordinates / remove rings

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 12 08:39:46 PST 2008

Hi Borys

I also think that the possibility to remove rings and  multipolygon islands is
important. It needs a few additions in QgsGeometry class and therefore, since
it's feature freeze, could go into 1.1.

Of course no problem to start programming now. Just make a patch against trunk
and it can be applied after 1.0 is out (or at least branched).

Regards,
Marco

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 16:10:17 Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> > I prefer your idea because your way a user could just keep entering
> > coordinate pairs to build up a feature without any need for mouse
> > clicks. Since docs can be stacked / tabbed it neednt consume a lot of
> > screen real estate. The disadvantage of your idea is that we would
> > need to implement the concept of a selected vertex probably...
>
> Oh yes, I've forgot vertex aren't selectable.
>
> Btw. I've realized that there is no way to remove rings and islands. For me
> it's a critical issue if user can't revert unnecessarily added features.
>
> I think it should be easy solvable. Now, if the ring contains only three
> vertex and user attempts to remove one of them, nothing happens. I suggest
> to display a confirmation dialog in this case and remove whole ring. I
> propose the confirmation dialog because the user may not expect this change
> of behaviour and removing all three vertex in one click.
>
> I'm going to fill a ticket, but maybe someone wants to resolve it now ;)

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich