[Qgis-user] compiling qgis & python

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:19:58 PST 2008

Hi. I cannot build "QGIS" with python support.

In ccmake, after press "c" to configure, this message appears:

"Python not being built"

I press "e" to exit, and ccmake show these related variables and values:

PYTHON_EXECUTABLE /usr/bin/python2.5
PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH /usr/include/python2.5
PYTHON_LIBRARY /usr/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.a

I press "c" one more time, and the "Python not being built" persist.

Pressing "e" to quit and "g" to generate the configuration.

Support for "python" has not been compiled after running "make"

Thanks for any advice.
José María