[Qgis-user] No coordinate capture in preview2 for ubuntu

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Nov 12 22:50:40 PST 2008

Hi Agustin

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 18:33 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> After installing the newest package for ubuntu
> (1.0preview17)
> the Coordinate Capture is there.

Yay

> Two plugins that are installed by default still do not work:

Ok these are both add on plugins not ones shipped with QGIS. The reason
they dont load is because they don't use the updated API yet. The
immediate fix for the issues listed is:

in /home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/valuetool/valuewidget.py change
line 98 to read:

layer = self.canvas.layer(i)

in /home/alobo/.qgis//python/plugins/pypostgis/Pypostgis.py change line
22 to read:

self.action = QAction(QIcon(":pypostgis.png"), "Python Postgis SQL",
self.iface.mainWindow())

However fixing those lines might just result in a line further down
giving an error  - its better to wait for the plugin writers to provide
new versions updated to the QGIS 1.0 API. The API is still not frozen
yet so I suggest the plugins writers wait until we announce the API
freeze.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming services