[Qgis-user] Win qgis1.0preview2 crashes

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:31:46 PST 2008

Hi!

Mats Elfström schrieb:
> Whoa...
>
> Not very helpful advice I think. What makes you say that it is a
> 'Windows' problem if a preview version of QGis crashes. I assume the
> laptop is all right otherwise of course.
> 'Reinstalling Windows' is not something you do in five minutes just to
> check if it will help.

Its just because I am running QGis Preview II on a Windows XP Desktop PC
without any problems .. Everything is working perfectly .. So I assume
that QGis itself has no (I know it's impossible - but lets say at least
no really critical) bugs. I'm doing the same as Agus describes (opening
layer properties) and .. works perfectly..

To the other question - I usually compile qgis out of svn-source on my
gentoo based linux laptop.. But I am using QGis as well on my Windows
XP at work.

And I know that windows is not installed in 5min - but if QGis runs
without problems on my WindowsXP why should QGIS be the Problem - it
should be the same. Only the underlaying OS can have some differences in
driver/hardware.

And .. the email you just send seems to be written only to me .. not to
the list (correct me if I'm wrong) and i guess it should also go to the
list.
just my2c
regards
Werner