[Qgis-user] Select several layers at once?

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:39:20 PST 2008

Nikos,
> I have loaded more than 200 aerial photos and I would like to group
> them... but not by dragging each of them in a group of course.
>
> Shift and/or Control selection does not work. And I can't find any
> "layer selection" tool on the menu. Is it possible to perform this with
> a (python) command at least?

If you open up your .qgs file in a text editor, you can put:

<legendgroup open="true" checked="Qt::Checked" name="group" >
#This is where your <legendlayer>'s would go...
</legendgroup>

around all the <legendlayer>s that you want to be grouped together.
Obviously, for name you can put whatever makes sense for you ;-)
> Wouldn't it be a nice feature?

Yes it would, and judging by the above, I would say it would likely be
quite easy as well...

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer