[Qgis-user] Mac OS X: QGIS 1.0 Preview 2 Crashes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Nov 14 08:20:49 PST 2008

On Nov 14, 2008, at 9:18 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

>> do you have any ideas how to improve the situation of QGIS python
>> support on OS X?
>> I don't know much about specifics of OS X but we could tweak python
>> support with your assistence if you describe what's going wrong.
>>
>> Martin
>
> I think we're stuck with what we get from SIP/PyQt.  SIP is, I
> believe, what is setting the compile flags.  Even if Qgis post-
> processed those flags, SIP and PyQt would still be built that way.
>
> If it's what I think it is, I see in sipconfig.py:
>
> _default_macros = {
> 'LFLAGS_PLUGIN': '-single_module -dynamiclib',

Hmm, I started poking around more...  Where DOES Qgis get its python
compile flags from?

My python/core/makefile has:

LFLAGS = -headerpad_max_install_names -bundle -F/System/Library/
Frameworks -framework Python -arch ppc -arch i386

BOTH -bundle AND -framework Python are there.  This is wrong - it's
linking a bundle, but also linking directly to python, defeating the
benefit of the bundle.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy