[Qgis-user] Running "QGIS 1.0" in "Gentoo"

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 06:56:52 PST 2008

I have built "QGIS 1.0" from source file "QGIS-1.0.0-0.1.pre2.src.rpm"

wget
http://www.silfreed.net/download/repo/packages/qgis/qgis-1.0.0-0.1.pre2.src.rpm
rpm2tar qgis-1.0.0-0.1.pre2.src.rpm
tar xvf qgis-1.0.0-0.1.pre2.src.tar
tar xvf qgis_1.0.0-pre1.tar.gz
cd qgis_1.0.0-pre1
mkdir build
cd build
ccmake ..
cmake .
make
sudo make install

When I start QGIS, it gives an error and does not load the plugin "Python".
The error is:

Couldn't load PyQGIS.
Python support will be disabled.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 1, in
ImportError: No module named qgis.core

Thanks for any advice to get 'Python' work.

Werner: please send me the ebuild, I like to try it. Thanks

José María