[Qgis-user] QGIS segmentation fault

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Fri Nov 21 01:30:49 PST 2008

Friday 21 of November 2008 07:36:15 Gavin Fleming napisaƂ(a):
> Hi
>
> Ubuntu server 7.10. QGIS worked until I did an apt-get update some time
> back. It was using standard repositories plus the launchpad/timlinux
> one. Yesterday I added launchpad/qgis to my apt sources and tried a new
> install but I still get this, I'm not even sure what version it's
> attempting to run. The splash screen was coming up in earlier versions
> of this crash but now that's not even happening:
>
> qgis
>
> Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
>
> Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
>
> Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
>
> Segmentation fault

Here are the simplest solutions, sometimes help:

Try to remove (or better rename or move anywhere to not lost your settings)
the configuration file: ~/.config/QuantumGIS/qgis.conf

If it doesn't help, the problem may be caused by an incompatible C++ plugin.
Have you compiled any for older version by youself? If so, try to (re)move it
and recompile. Python plugins shouldn't give such error, but to be sure, you
can remove or rename the ~/.qgis/python/plugins directory

Btw. The warning message you've reported appears frequently in some qgis
versions and probably isn't related to the subsequent segfault.

Regards,
B.