[Qgis-user] File /QGIS-1.0.0preview2-Setup.exe is not preview1 actually?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Mon Nov 24 11:08:45 PST 2008

Monday 24 of November 2008 19:28:01 Agustin Lobo napisaƂ(a):
> I've downloaded and installed on a win XP machine file
> /QGIS-1.0.0preview2-Setup.exe
> from the download page
> and it installs version 1.00 r9613-1
> which is labeled as Preview 1 when the
> program is run. Is this an error?
>
> Also, when you select the Carson Farmer repository
> for downloading plugins with this version,
> the file for the "fTools for QGIS 1.0.0 Preview2" is
> not listed, while it is listed when using the preview2 running in
> linux (ubuntu). Instead, the version for 0.11 is listed for the
> windows version.

Hi, we have a little mess with all the 1.0.0 versions. I'm working on it right
now.

However if windows build of Prewiev2 is labeled as Preview1, Installer will
choose older plugins. It's the reason for what fTools for Preview2 is
unavailable and the previous version is offered instead. So you have to tell
Installer the proper QGIS version:

1. Reinstall Installer using itself
2. Go to its directory:
   C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\.qgis\python\plugins\plugin_installer
3. Open the installer_data.py file. About line 60 you will find this:

          try:
            QGIS_VER = QGis.qgisVersion
            if QGIS_VER[0] == "1":
              QGIS_MAJOR_VER = 1
            else:
              QGIS_MAJOR_VER = 0
          except:
            QGIS_VER = QGis.QGIS_VERSION
            QGIS_MAJOR_VER = 1

4. BELOW these lines insert the line:

QGIS_VER = "1.0.0-Kore-Preview2"

Restart QGIS and now plugins for Prewiew2 should be available. Note that you
need to apply steps 2-4 after every Installer update.