[Qgis-user] edit attribute tables

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Wed Nov 26 11:25:53 PST 2008

Wednesday 26 of November 2008 20:14:37 Michelle Bourassa Stahl napisaƂ(a):
> I am a new user of both GRASS and QGIS. I am using GRASS version 6.3.0 and
> QGIS version 0.11.0.

> If the vector was created from a shapefile with the 'Add a Vector Layer'
> then I can open the attribute table and click start editing but the add a
> new column button is disabled.

The button is disabled because adding new attributes to shapefiles is not yet
supported. You can do it in Table Manager plugin [1] or in any spreadsheet
application and then fill the created column with attribute table.

[1] http://www.bwj.aster.net.pl/qgis-oldapi/ - please follow install
instructions.