[Qgis-user] reference raster layers

Bernardo Rossi Doria berrossi at tin.it
Tue Oct 7 11:41:44 PDT 2008

hello michael,
I read about your discussion in the forum.
Then I first imported the georeferenced vector layer provided by the
itaian statistic institute with municipalities borders.
Looking in the metadata (left mouse-properties) I read that the
projection is UTM zone 32. But the  "setting"  project properties does
not show that kind of projection but suggests to set to WGS84.
I "apply" that suggestion and check OTF. But if I look in the
properties of the layer i find that they are still UTM zone 32.

Then I import a  geoTIFF layer and I let ask  for projection but I do
not find in the list the option UTM zone 32 so I set to wgs84.
But still they do not overlap correctly.

Still something wrong.
How can I set the project  with UTM zone 35 pojection
or
how can I chenge the vector layer from UTM projection to WGS84?

Cannot find a solution.

someone can give me more information?
Thank you all.

Bernardo