[Qgis-user] Character display

Sergio Zárate Pedroche szpedroche at yahoo.com.mx
Sun Oct 12 08:37:55 PDT 2008

Hi, I have been experimenting with QGIS for some time, but recently I
am using it for productive tasks. Several issues have appeared, so I
will start with one at a a time. One problem is that  Spanish
characters in labels are truncated in the display. Even if I change
"language" to "latin", accents (á, é, í, ó, ú) and "ñ" do not display
properly (the character is omitted) and "language" setting returns to
"any". I edit the shapes´ *.dbf files using NeoOffice. I have used
capitals to avoid the problem in part but still the "ñ" will not
appear in labels. ¿is there something I can do? ¿what ASCII filter
code should I use for .dbf files?
Advanced thanks for an answer!

Dr. Sergio Zárate Pedroche
José María Arroyo 228