[Qgis-user] scaling bug?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Wed Oct 22 04:36:25 PDT 2008

Wednesday 22 of October 2008 13:17:30 Andreas Neumann napisaƂ(a):
> Werner Macho wrote:
> > Thx for explaining this ..
> > So I'd suggest to make other than degrees as the default unit in qgis -
>
> I don't know - we'd have to do a poll on this. I don't know how many
> people work with degrees and how many with meters. I also mainly work in
> meters.
>
> Ideally one could set the preferered units and projection in the QGIS
> preferences.

We have the Global Default Projection in the options, but QGIS always start
with WGS84. This behaviour is quite strange for me, because the global
default projection can be applied to the layers with missing projection,
however they are loaded into a empty project in WGS84.

Could QGIS start with this default projection (or at least use the last used
projection)? It doesn't require any gui changes and is clear and convenient
as I think. If I'm wrong, correct me please.

Regards,
B.