[Qgis-user] Problem with transparency of GRASS raster layers and German version of QGIS

Robert Nuske rnuske at gwdg.de
Mon Sep 8 06:29:19 PDT 2008

Hi QGISers,

I compiled QGIS 0.11 on a debian testing system and am testing it right now.
My native language is German and my system locale settings nare according to
that. By default I get a QGIS with a nice translated GUI.

After loading a GRASS raster I changed its global transparency to 50% to
create an appealing map of two raster layers. But all I got was an uniformly
gray map (one gray value for the entire map).

For writing this email I was looking for the right terms for the QGIS menus,
labels, and so on and therefore changed the language within QGIS to en_US.
From that point the whole thing worked like a charme. No problems with
transparency with an english QGIS. But switching again to German, I once
again got a homogenious gray map.

So there is some unwanted interaction at least between the german translation
and the global transparency setting.

A confused German user,
  robert