[Qgis-user] GRASS in QGIS 0.10.0(win)

Malm Paul paul.malm at saabgroup.com
Wed Sep 24 23:36:57 PDT 2008

Hi,
I thought I shold try GRASS in QGIS.
First, I have not worked with GRASS and I don't know anything about it.

I created a GRASS mapset in c:\grassdata, a location = newyork and the mapsets PERMANENT and User
I installed GDAL in c:\gdalwin32-1.5
I added c:\gdalwin32-1.5\data to my path
and added the environment variable GDAL_DATA = c:\gdalwin32-1.5\data
I've copied my shape file sets to C:\grassdata\newyork\PERMANENT (I don't know if it is here they should be stored)

Then I tried to import a shapefile with v.in.ogr ,
but I'm not able to select any "OGR vector layer"

Could someone help me, please?
/Paul