[Qgis-user] Problems opening Erdas img file

Will Muir will at mtintouch.net
Mon Sep 29 07:46:31 PDT 2008

Hello, last night I downloaded an .img file that I believe is from
landsat.  When I try and open it I get an file not supported error.
I googled around a bit but did not find anything really conclusive.
Other then it should be supported.

I am running the binary qgis .11.0 for mac OSX.  I ran gdal-info on
it and also came up with a file not supported error.  Which makes me
wonder if gdal was not built with support for this file type.  Even
though it says it is supported.

And just so that we are certain that it is an Erdas img file the
download contained a cksum, log, ddr file and an img file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Will