[Qgis-user] QGIS windows v's linux from a newbie perspective

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Apr 1 15:29:26 PDT 2009

Darren:
> Just a short outline of what I will be doing:
> I can go 2 routes Vista or openSUSE. The work is for a single user (me)
> on a 32 bit laptop 2GB ram, 1.83 GHz processor.

Darren,

a friend of mine, ex-SUSE user, keeps saying that Ubuntu made his life
easier. I don't know much about OpenSUSE though. Anyhow, I recommend
Linux in general, Ubuntu specifically. Once your beyond some initial
trouble to get use new things, you probably will avoid using other OSes.

Kindest regards, Nikos