[Qgis-user] Validate geometries with QGis

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 09:00:33 PDT 2009

Actually OpenJUMP is the only one tool adopted in industrial
applications for products validation. It has been even used for the
production of parts of the italian national geological cartography
project CARG.
It makes use of validation algorithms from JTS [1], but it still
doesn't include the latest features from Vivid Solutions, like the
Java Conflation Suite [2].
How much is GEOS allineated to JTS products family? I don't know how
hard a porting to C++ (and then QGis) of the latest Vivid products can
be, but it would be defintely a great thing!

Giovanni

[1] http://www.vividsolutions.com/jts/jtshome.htm
[2] http://www.vividsolutions.com/jcs/