[Qgis-user] Qgis segfaults on Kubuntu

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:07:01 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Albin
Blaschka<albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can reproduce the problem: Same here: QGIS starts, the splash screen
> appears until loading python-plugins and then segfaulting, nothing is
> written to the console. The package uim-qt3 is *not* installed...
>
> System: Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope, KDE 4.3
> Python 2.6.2

I've run probably into the same segfault on kubuntu after upgrade to
kde 4.3 too. The problem lies in some incompatibility between
different versions of sip/PyQt4: I suppose the default jaunty PyQt
version is something like 4.4.x, while kde 4.3 installs version 4.5.2.
When I recompiled qgis python bindings with this newer version, the
segfault was gone. If you don't want to compile QGIS on your own,
probably you'll have to either downgrade python-qt4 (and friends) back
to original version or uninstall python support in qgis.

Martin