[Qgis-user] Rendering styles for OSM data

H.Lekin h.lekin at gmx.net
Mon Aug 17 06:28:32 PDT 2009

Hello!

I want to create maps based on OSM data (.shp from geofabrik.de/osm)
plus an additional layer of personal information.

I imported the shape files into QGIS 1.0.2. The default rendering styles
do not fit my needs; it looks like that I have to adjust them. In, e.g.,
the roads Layer Properties > Symbology, I can classify the road types
and define their styles. This seems to be the very tedious way.

Alternatively(?), you can Load Styles from a style file (.qml). Are
there style files for OSM data available? Can they be created from an
OSM xml-file?

Thanks in advance for your help.