[Qgis-user] fTools Export/Add geometry: how to expand output values?

Darren Norris doon75 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 16:30:50 PDT 2009

Using QGIS 1.0.2-Kore on windows vista.
I loaded a .gpx file with the  Gps tools python plugin.
All worked fine, but I would like to add coordinates to the attribute
table for the points (originally waypoints from garmin ).
I selected some of the points and exported as a shapefile.
Went to fTools (fantastic) and found the Export/Add geometry. Again
works brilliantly adding x and y coordinates for each of the points.

However - the values provided seem to trim the accuracy i.e. the decimal
degrees (CRS = +proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs) are
rounded to 3 decimal places. Now I'm not sure where the rounding has
taken place as I can't see values for coordinates in the original file
created by Gps Tools. But I'm guessing fTools gets the values from QGIS
somewhere????
Is there anyway to get values presented with greater accuracy e.g. 5
decimal places?
I had a look at the ftools_utils.py and doGeometry.py files but couldn't
follow where the coordinate values are imported from or where the
rounding takes place.....
Many thanks for any suggestions..
Darren