[Qgis-user] Add Raster Layer Restricted to Types of GRASS Layer and is Not a Supported Raster Data Source

Bob Bruce Bob.Bruce at pobox.com
Mon Aug 24 00:27:07 PDT 2009

I'm hoping that someone can help....

I just installed versions (1.0, 1.2, and 1.1) of QGIS using the OSGEO4W
installer. I first ran 1.2 and added 4 .tif files to a new QGIS project
file and saved it. I shut down QGIS and later re-opened it and tried
opening the project and got messages saying that the layers couldn't be
found. When I tried adding the .tif files again the dialog for adding
image layers only displayed the type "GRASS and all other files", this
was different from what it showed originally. When I tried selecting an
image using this type I got the error message that: "this is not a
supported raster data source". I tried uninstalling everything that was
installed (using the OSGEO4W installer) and then reinstalling everything
but this did not help. I had the QGIS versions and GRASS desktop
applications installed and several libraries and command line utilities
installed.

Is there a way to get back the full list of raster data types to the
dialog to add the raster layers?

thanks,
             Bob Bruce