[Qgis-user] manage R behaviour

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 05:15:15 PDT 2009

Hi Filip,

> Dear all,
> I finally got to work manage R plug-in (version 0.7.2 woks, I use R 2.9.1,
> Qgis 1.0.2, Win XP).
> But I am confused by its behaviour. The console doesn't return any results.
> I mean, when I type:
>
> $ x<-1
> $ y<-2
> $ x+y
>
> Nothing is returned, even though the variables x and y exist (they are
> listed on the Environment tab).
> However, when I load a shape file with Ctrl+L, the console writes out a
> message
> "QGIS Vector Layer
> Name: ..." etc.
>
> Is this a standard behaviour of manage R?

no it is not the standard behaviour... I'm not sure why you aren't getting
any output to the console with normal R commands.
I haven't testing this plugin on Windows yet, so perhaps I'll give this a
try tonight and see if I can get the same behaviour.

What versions of Qt and Rpy are you running?

Cheers,

Carson

--
Carson Farmer