[Qgis-user] QGIS performance problem

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Aug 31 11:31:10 PDT 2009

Hi Brent,

I have similar behaviour. It happens if polygons with lots of vertices
are involved. Things get even worse if you try to print this data with
high resolution.

Marco Hugentobler and Jürgen Fischer are already working on this issue
these days. They can also better explain the issues we are running into
- seems to be qt and clipping related when bounding boxes of big
polygons are touched when zooming in or printing on high resolutions.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only person experiencing these
problems - seems to be a real issue.

Andreas