[Qgis-user] simplify feature

Jan jan.maillist at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:44:38 PST 2009

Giovanni Manghi schrieb:
> Try the v.generalize module in GRASS (that you can access from QGis).

Hi,

the qgis docs say :

"Tip 41 THE SIMPLIFY TOOL
Note that the QGIS fTools plugin has a Simplify geometries tool that
works just like the GRASS
v.generalize Douglas-Peuker algorithm."

This is available from Menu Tools > Geometry Tools and does not work as
I expected (due to wrong expectations?).

Anyway I can not find the GRASS v.generalize module ... .-( sorry. What
is the "GRASS toolbox":
(from docs)

"Open the GRASS toolbox and double click the categories Vector ->
Develop map -> General-
ization, then click on the v.generalize module to open its options window."

cheers,
Jan