[Qgis-user] geo-referencing

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 07:29:50 PST 2009

Olá (hello) Orlando

It isn't very clear to me what you want to do. On your e-mail subject
you speak about georeferencing, but then the message seems to mean
that what you want is to import your data to a postgis database.

I am assuming you want to geo-reference your military maps and orthos
using some vector data as a visual aid in setting your ground control
points (GCP). I assume this vector data is stored in a postgis
database.

In order to geo-reference your data:

1 - Load your vector reference file to the map canvas
2- Use the georeferencer plugin:
        2.1 - select your transformation type
        2.2 - load your  raster map
        2.3 - select your desired coordinate system (in your case epsg 27492)
        2.4 - digitize your GCPs and when prompted for the map
coordinates select the option "from map canvas"
        2.5 - now click the place on the map canvas (the one with your
vector reference file that you loaded in 1) in the corresponding
position of your GCP
        2.6 - repeat this process until you have your desired number
of GCPs and then press the create button

Is this what you are trying to do?

Portuguese language follows:

Orlando, espero que seja o que precisas. Se precisares de ajuda
contacta-me para o meu e-mail e tentarei dar uma explicação mais
clara.

Felicidades