[Qgis-user] suggestion for gdal raster tools in QGIS

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 11:09:37 PST 2009

Paolo,

Thanks for the many fixes of the Raster tools in QGIS. As you know,
I consider adding these tools to QGIS a fundamental step towards
a fully operational gis.

I understand that you probably cannot add all possible options
of each gdalutility to the menus. Perhaps a way to increase the flexibility
not having to follow the many request of the kind "why don't you add this option?"
would be having the current text window where the command is written
as an editable window, where the user could add options for which
there is no tab in the menu. I know we can now just cut and paste
into an editor, edit there and run the edited command, but if this editing
could be done directly in the Raster tools window, that would enhance
operationality.

Anyway, I can imagine you are not short of good ideas but of time.

Regards,

Agus