[Qgis-user] Area Measuring Tool enhancements

Fred LaPlante flaplante at flos-inc.com
Sun Dec 20 07:22:03 PST 2009

That would work for me.

The Settings|Options|MapTools screen currently allows you to choose
between Feet or Meters. Unfortunately the english system of  square
feet|acres|square miles isn't something that is easily converted in you
head.

I suppose a pulldown would let you switch back and forth quickly perhaps
so you could easily compare to some written records. But that would
require more code work from developers than what I proposed.

Fred LaPlante