[Qgis-user] Installing qgis via osgeo4w: "...can't find "jpeg12_osgeo.dll"

Νίκος Αλεξανδρής nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Dec 23 07:46:42 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 16:13 +0100, Νίκος Αλεξανδρής wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> [cc to Fotis Xystrakis]

Adding Fotis' report of the problem:

--%<---
Problems installing QGIS from OSGeo4W on-line installer

I am running Greek Windows Vista 32 SP2. I tried to install QGIS via the
on line installer OSGeo4W. Note: installation folder: C:\OSGeo4W

- When I try to run QGIS after the installation, I get the following
message:

“Το σημείο εισαγωγής jpeg_supress_tables_12 της διαδικασίας δεν ήταν
δυνατόν να εντοπιστεί στη βιβλιοθήκη δυναμικής σύνδεσης
jpeg12_osgeo.dll“

- A rough translation is something like:

“The input point jpeg_supress_tables_12 of the operation was not
possible to be detected in the dynamic library link jpeg12_osgeo.dll.”

- Important hints:

  = jpeg12_osgeo.dll exists in folder C:\OSGeo4W\bin

  = When I copied all the .dll files from C:\OSGeo4W\bin into the folder
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\bin, QGIS worked... (of-course t his is not a
solution...)

  = the stand-alone installer of QGIS (both versions 1.0.2 and 1.3
Mimas) work fine (and of-course with the stand alone installer I can not
get some dependencies I need)

  = The same error occurred when I tried to install QGIS in a
new-developed user account on my computer

  = Installation worked fine in WIN XP...

Thanks in advance
Fotis
--%<---