[Qgis-user] Graticules

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Jan 27 03:02:53 PST 2009

Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> I suggest we remove my original C++ graticule plugin from svn since
> Carson's tools collection now replicates this.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Regards
>
> Tim

Actually, I am having some trouble with the Vector Grid tool from Carson's plugins.

First, If I use the default "Input Boundary Layer" a grid is created, but if I try to choose Min-Max X Y values I get an error:

An error has occured while executing Python code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/micha/.qgis/python/plugins/fTools/tools/doVectorGrid.py", line 76, in accept
    boundBox = QgsRect(float(self.xMin.text()), float(self.yMin.text()), float(self.xMax.text()), float(self.yMax.text()))
NameError: global name 'QgsRect' is not defined

Python version:
2.5.2 (r252:60911, Jul 31 2008, 17:44:49)
[GCC 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)]
This is happening with Qgis 1.0.0 and the 0.5.2 plugin on both Ubuntu and Windows.

Secondly, in the Parameters field when I choose the spacing between grid lines, it allows a max of 1000. In any CRS with a unit of meters that means a maximum grid spacing of 1 km. Often that's too many lines...

Cheers,
Micha