[Qgis-user] Poll on website

Mike Toews mwtoews at sfu.ca
Tue Jul 14 10:52:38 PDT 2009

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Yes, this is also my experience. Furthermore, I do not find 1.0.x
> particularly more stable than 1.1.x (do you?).
> All the best.

Try opening a previously saved QGS file with a WMS layer and no internet
connection with 1.0.x .. crash! This means I can't really use QGIS 1.0.x
when traveling or if the internet is down. Nonetheless, I do my main
work with the "stable" 1.0.x series since I work with other people .. we
keep our versions the same for obvious reasons.

Versions 1.1.x and beyond are more stable with this particular matter.
Details: http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1739

-Mike