[Qgis-user] "Freehand" raster georeferencing

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Mon Jul 20 12:35:03 PDT 2009

Hi,

interesting idea, as far as I know there are no plugins that can do that yet.

However, if you have something to reference you source map to, than you can use
usual georeferencing approach. Simply in this case, you'll have to
collect GCPs from source map to georeferenced map, but not enter
the known coordinates directly. This will be less interactive equivalent of
"freehand" approach.

Maxim