[Qgis-user] trouble importing a .kml from Google Maps

Geofrey Sanders geofrey at weathercall.net
Thu Jul 23 18:08:11 PDT 2009

I tried ogr2ogr and it told me the KML file 'contains no layers'.
Looking inside the file, it in fact has no GIS data at all, only a
URL. Here I was wondering if this was going to be a problem with \r\n
vs. \n line endings or Unicode some other formatting problem...thanks
for your suggestion, it got me looking in the right place!

Geofrey Sanders
Weather Call Customer Care
geofrey at weathercall.net
voicemail: 1 (800) 260-6695