[Qgis-user] Public Repository for plugins...

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jun 9 00:04:58 PDT 2009

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Dane Springmeyer ha scritto:
>
>> I would vote for SVN, because it lends itself to the multiple directory,
>> many projects approach, while mercurial is specifically designed to
>> house only a single code project.
>
> I would avoid multiplying sites and services: why not just adding a
> branch to main svn, or adding one project (qgis-plugins) to the existing
> osgeo infrastructure?
> All the best.

I agree a new osgeo svn qgis-plugins might be the best approach. We
probably don't want to make it a branch in the main svn as that would
require opening access to the svn to a large number of potential
accidents from new contributors. It would also be important to highlight
that these will still mostly be contributed not official plugins.

The most difficult part would be handling user registration, and
management. But if we are good with allowing just about anyone few
questions asked then it would work. If we need more infrastructure than
that to allow people to assign and create teams etc and existing
platform might suit the task better.

Alex