[Qgis-user] EasyGeoTagger Plugin

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 05:35:18 PDT 2009

Hi Pete

Peter Ersts:
> The crash on close sounds like an out dated build. For the QGIS plugin do a
> make clean
> make
> sudo make install

Thanks for your input. I have done as you suggested, but no change I'm afraid.

> Nothing has changed for months with the plugins so they don't relink. I had
> a similar problem when testing on a windows box recently and make clean did
> the trick. I develop on linux so things should usually work there first ;)
>
> Let me know if that also possibly fixes the problem with the EasyGT plugins
> not being found. Are you installing a special place or using the defaults?

My paths are as follows (and are correctly configured in cmake):
qgis: /usr/local/src/qgis/run
qgis plugins: /usr/local/src/qgis/run/lib/qgis
easygt: /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/easygt

Further to my comment on easygt's mangling of the coordinates I can
add that Irfanview on Windows provides the (nonsense) output I posted,
but exiftool on Ubuntu reads the coordinates correctly. I don't know
what's going on here because Irfanview correctly reads other photos
which were geocoded with exiftool and only baulks on the photo
geocoded by easygt. Given the problems I'm having with easygt I've
only tested with one photo.

Regards

Craig