[Qgis-user] Public Repository for plugins...

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Jun 16 06:03:11 PDT 2009

 Just as I am going through a pseudo code exercise of  release.py I see three cases.

1. Current and previous stable versions				VERSION
2. A Beta version is is being tested an on its way to stable.	BETA
3. An unstable snapshot of the development trunk			ALPHA

If we assume that most new feature development is done in the branches and merged to trunk, then trunk should not be all the harry and trashy. The branches would be way to unstable.

This way then regular users can try unstable and beta version of the plugins wihtout needing to get into SVN carnage.

For now I will call trunk snapshots BETA

Just some thoughts.