[Qgis-user] help for GRASS modules: *.region.*

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jun 22 23:11:57 PDT 2009

Hi Nikos.
Just a couple of notes:

Nikos Alexandris ha scritto:

> * The "..." button does not offer the selection of multiple
> raster/vector maps in the g.region.multiple.* tools

This should be fixed in recent trunk - can you check?

> Descriptions
> ------------
>
> * Most tools just show the "whole" manual as taken from GRASS
>
> * Most tools do just a single thing
>
> * I suggest to keep only single-definitions/sentences as descriptions
> for each tool

The descriptions are the manpages of GRASS, therefore they contain all
the options. This can be confusing, but allows the user to re-run the
command from the built-in terminal using the full power of grass.
Cutting the man to have only the functions used for a particular module
is a lot of dumb work, difficult to keep aligned with upstream changes.
All the best.