[Qgis-user] delimited text

Matt Rosales m.rosales.geo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:47:43 PST 2009

Yeah, we were talking about the symbols in another thread- the USGS came up
with a guidelines for geological map standardation, and I'm making public
domain SVGs for all of them, since qGIS doesn't yet include geology symbols.
Once I finish the set I will get them to whomever needs them so they get
included in the future. The idea is that the plugin would not just read X
and Y, but also strike and dip, and feature, and be able to select the
correct symbol and rotate it appropriately.

For a far far future I want to develop a "Geology" toolbox that would
include stereonets and other analysis tools... but that might take a year or
two to get in a workable state, considering the heavy math needed for those,
but the source code for this plugin will be a good start. Thanks for the
tip!

Until then!
-Matt

--