AW: [Qgis-user] Composer raster output

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Wed Mar 4 23:52:42 PST 2009

John

The new raster output option doesn't have any directly relation to image
output. The option was created due to problems of PS Printers with large
composer maps combined with transparent vector objects. When you try to
print to PS Printers without checked raster option many printers aren't
able to print maps in the correct way. Some objects are lost, polygon
fill pattern will be printed wrong etc. When you check the raster
option, the map is encapsulated as image into the postscript output. PS
output generated in this way is printable on PS printers without
problems and the fill pattern will be printed as you see them in
composer map.

I hope that my explanations are understandable.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
Stv. Amtschef / GIS-Koordinator