[Qgis-user] gpg keys for Ubuntu PPA packages

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Mar 11 01:41:32 PDT 2009

Goyo wrote:

> El lun, 09-03-2009 a las 22:06 +0100, Tim Michelsen escribio':
>
>> Hello,
>> where can I find the keys for the packages in Launchpad PPA for Ubuntu
>> that are advertised at:
>> http://download.qgis.org/downloads.rhtml?
>>
>> The updates cannot be installed without the keys here.
>>

> I don't think you should need the OpenPGP key in order to install the
> packages but you can find instructions here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~qgis/+archive/ppa
>
> Goyo

I'm seeing the same problem as Tim described, on Hardy. I've re-done the
above steps several times and I still get:

micha at akev:~/Documents$ sudo apt-key list
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg
--------------------
pub 1024D/437D05B5 2004-09-12
uid Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster at ubuntu.com>
sub 2048g/79164387 2004-09-12

pub 1024D/FBB75451 2004-12-30
uid Ubuntu CD Image Automatic Signing Key <cdimage at ubuntu.com>

pub 1024R/68436DDF 2009-01-20
uid Launchpad PPA for qgis

micha at akev:~/Documents$ sudo apt-get update
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net hardy Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 60D11217247D1CFF

Thanks,
Micha