[Qgis-user] Build problem : Pyqt-4.5 on mac osx Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Mar 13 07:27:41 PDT 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 3:07 AM, massimo di stefano wrote:

> thanks to the aid of a friend, he suggest me to create a simlink :
>
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libQtLucene.dylib /Developer/SDKs/
> MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libQtLucene.dylib /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/
> usr/lib
>
> the simlink did the job

hehe - it's amazing this worked - I misspelled the library name, it
should have been "libQtCLucene.dylib" (note the extra 'C').  Unless
your brain quietly fixed it for you when you typed it.

If the compilation here succeeded for some reason after this wrong
symlink, maybe it's the cause of the dlopen error later.

> qt-4.5 (dmg binary)
> sip-4.8-snapshot-20090311
> PyQt-mac-gpl-4.5-snapshot-20090311
>
> are compiled on osx without errors, but unlucky they don't works :-
> ( running any pyqt4.5 example give me these error :
>
> ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/
> QtCore.so, 2): Symbol not found: _sipQtConnect Referenced from: /
> Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so Expected in:
> dynamic lookup

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy