[Qgis-user] Changing color of objects according to attributes

Matej matej at matnet.net
Wed Mar 18 02:57:51 PDT 2009

Hi,

we have some PostGIS tables which include numbers of points. In the attribute table there is a column type and we would like to have some points of type A to be colored in one color and others in different color. We can successfully select the points via the Attribute table Search for option, but then except having all the appropriate points selected we are unable to change color of the selected ones. I am wondering if it is possible to change colors of particular points according to some parameter. For example, we have solved this in a mapserver via two different layers for displaying using the FILTER directive and of course the option of having every type of points in its' own layer would be a solution, but this would increase the number of layers dramatically and also make the process of adding / changing slower.

Thanks for any ideas,
Matej
matej at matnet.net