[Qgis-user] Qgis 1.0 standalone installer?

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 03:03:37 PDT 2009

Hi Mike

AFAIK there are Plans for a standalone Installer on Windows and a lot of
people currently try to get it compiling.
What I know is that there are some problems with integrating Python and
GRASS support in a standalone installer.
But there are already Standalone Installers without Python and GRASS
(which is what you probably NOT want)

At least jef provides a nightly build on http://www.norbit.de/67 (link
can be found on download.qgis.oorg) but this is a 1.1 and .. jef correct
me if i'm wrong without python and grass.
But there are other unsopported builds from the stable version around too.

So if you dont need grass and python this would be a possibility -
otherwise i think you have to wait a bit

regards
Werner