[Qgis-user] question on Ftools - polygon centroids

Fafner fredda.hallgren at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:49:11 PDT 2009

Hi,
I have a question on the ftool-plugin, and more specifically the geometry tool "polygon centroids". I find this tool very useful. However, when I use it, quite regularly a few points get the X or Y (or both) coordinates transformed to negative numbers, instead of x = "1234567" I get x = "-1234567".

Is this a known bug? Is there any way to prevent this? Can I edit the coordinates manually to fix this?

I use Qgis 1.0.1_Kore in Ubuntu 8.04lts, I have also experienced the error in Qgis for Windows. The coordinate system in use is Sweref99 TM.

thanx / Fafner