[Qgis-user] styles for osm

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:42:03 PDT 2009

hi,

afaik, from what I have found, the plugin can 'only' display osm types
of file, and it is imho very slow

you can not download && display the data from osm.planet directly (not
speaking about editing, uploading, gpx uploading and so on (would be
nice ))

however! it is very easy to get the data  from osm [1] and import them
via osm2pgsql to postgis, set indexes to osm_id column, define the
database connection from qgis to postgis-osm-database and voila - the
map [2].

and for that map it would be interesting, to have the qgis-style file

never mind, I was only asking

thanks

jachym

[1] http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/