[Qgis-user] Re: RGB composition plugin

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:49:14 PDT 2009

I also think that we should use gdal as much as possible,
the gdal_utilities are very good and I do use vrt files a lot
for time series of images.
But one problem is getting the appropriate gdal binary
for the different unix distros. For example, the current
gdal binary for ubuntu 8.04 (which is the LTS) is only 1.4.4 and does
not have gdal_merge, I had to download it separately.
How are you solving this problem? Are you including gdal_merge.py
or are you relying on the latest gdal version (which is 1.6.0 I think)?

Agus