[Qgis-user] Where is the plugin installer in 1.0.1 Kore?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Mar 31 15:47:28 PDT 2009

Hi all!

I've installed a clean Ubuntu Jaunty Beta in a laptop. Added the jaunty
QGIS repository and installed QGIS. Now the question is: where is the
plugin installer?

I never faced such a problem since I always use latest source code(s).
Dimitris (cc-ing to him) told me that there is no plugin installer in
his QGIS version. So I decided to check that and see what's going on.

The plugin installer:

* does not appear in the "Manage Plugins..."

* the Plugins download page has nowhere information on how to install
the plugin installer [1]

@Borys: Your page [2] also does not have any information on how to
install the plugin installer so one can install plugins.

* I downloaded the plugin_installer.zip [3], unzipped it and there is no README file.

Am I missing something obvious? If there is no info then it's not
possible for a new user to get any of the wonderful plugins.

Kindest regards, Nikos
---

BTW, Ubuntu Jaunty is fastER, looks nicER.
---

Links:

[1] http://www.qgis.org/en/download/plugins.html

[2] http://www.bwj.aster.net.pl/qgis