[Qgis-user] QGIS Going Closed Source

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Mar 31 21:59:53 PDT 2009

Good - now its easier to bring in QGIS into the corporate stack.

The more expensive it will be the more likely it will be approved by
management. Cause who gives away good software anyway? Isn't it
suspicious if one gives away software for free? I am sure it contained
back-doors and viruses back when it was free.

And with the per-click payment option it will most likey be marketed by
Apple and Microsoft, since, once sold in their app-store, they will get
a 30% share of each click.