[Qgis-user] Mac OS X and QGIS

Simon Banton simon+qgis at web.org.uk
Mon May 18 12:04:32 PDT 2009

Dear list,

Is there a Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) version of QGIS 1.02 available
somewhere that doesn't need building from source?

I've been able to track down version 1.0.0 at
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/mac/qgis-1.0.0.dmg.gz but I'm afraid I
don't know enough (ie anything) about building OS X apps to be able
to make use of the frameworks on
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:qgis

I've only very recently been pointed at QGIS, and v1.0.0 seems to be
extremely good but there are some issues[1] I've run into which have
probably been resolved between 1.0.0 and now and I'd rather not waste
the list's time reporting stuff like that.

Regards
Simon

[1] eg the Console is logging:

ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv.
Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the
directory containing EPSG csv files.

... but I don't know how to give QGIS the information to find the
missing file, which I've found exists at "~/(path to my GIS
directory)/qgis1.0.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/gdal/gcs.csv"