[Qgis-user] QGIS Image Clipper Plugin Available

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Tue Sep 1 02:00:22 PDT 2009

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 31 sierpnia 2009 o 05:05:45 Bob Bruce napisaƂ(a):
> Hi:
>      I have a plugin available that people may be interested in testing.
> This can be used to extract and combine portions of one or more image
> layers in QGIS. I have only used this on Windows but hopefully it would
> work OK in Linux also. You can get it and some test data by going to the
> page: http://www.mappinggeek.ca/QGISPythonPlugins/Bobs-QGIS-plugins.xml
> . We have been using this plugin a lot at my workplace to extract the
> useable portions of scanned photography that we have georeferenced using
> the GDAL Georeferencer plugin.
>
> There is also the zoom-to-point plugin that I have tweaked to work
> better with zoom levels.
>
>        Bob Bruce

Hi, Thanks for the plugins! Only two remarks related to the zoom_to_point_BB
metadata:

1. There is a wrong entry in the repository:
<file_name>zoom-to-point-bobb.zip</file_name>

This tag is optional, so if you have a static url to the file (as you do), you
can safely remove it at all. But if it's present, it has higher priority than
url in recent versions of the plugin installer and causes problems.

2. Version numbers in the __init__.py and repo xml don't match.

It's always good to test everything by installing the plugin after every
upload (I know it's annoying but mistakes happen... :) )

Regards,
B.